What Is Google Web Stories ? | How To Create Web Stories
Sharing thoughts and proficiency through Web Stories
Web Stories are a new aspect of content that is planned to give short and informative content bundles. It is not restricted to any particular people. Rather, anyone can share their stories, experiences, knowledge through this medium. Web stories aim to share stories from anywhere. Even if the user is sitting on public transportation or has idle time and is unwilling to write long articles, they can write web stories. Web stories are considered a channel for gaining web traffic. Web Stories are also used for advertisement. However, Google may take legal action against publishers who misuse the Web Stories format.
What is Google Web Stories?
Google Web Stories is another feature advancement with Google search that can be considered one of the forms of Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMPs), one of the latest versions of AMP stories. AMP is designed for creating mobile-optimized content that helps load the content immediately on all devices. Web Stories can be created using the AMP framework. Google Web Stories influence your businesses in many ways, one of which includes the use of immersive storytelling patterns to improve your SEO (search engine optimization) efforts. Google web stories are visually rich and mobile-focused. These are almost similar to the “stories” available on many social media sites and can be considered the right choice for your brands.
Benefits Of Web Stories:
- Google web stories are highly recommended to share knowledge or start a business. According to sources, separating URLs for each Google web story can help combine best SEO Practices, and if these meet specific criteria, then Google will rank them in Google Search, Google App, etc.
- The users can create more engaging content with no difficulty. Web stories allow us to create content easily in the technical view.
- The pattern of the web story comes with flexible templates for layout, consistent User Interface (UI) controls, and it is feasible to share the content easily.
- Each Google Web Story can contain an associated and meaningful content maximum of 30 words only.
- It is considered a section of the open web, and the user can divide it across the sites without being restricted to a single environment.
- Today, in the era of 5G networks, web stories offer ultra-speed loading time. With this speed, the users can stay connected with their viewers and entertain them.
- Apart from this, Google gives the features such as Google Web stores, which are the modern way to connect and reach existing and new readers or visitors.
- Web stories can assist in monetizing for publishers with the help of ads as well as affiliate links. This feature is helpful for publishers and advertisers also. They can connect to their audience using the new and latest storytelling experience of the 21st century.
How To Create Web Stories:
Following are the ways to create a web story-
- You have to select a visual editor, a program that helps you to produce, customize photos and videos
- Draft the story; you can prefer Google docs
- Find the visual assets; choose the right videos and images
- Create the Web Story using the visual editor’s pre-made templates. Start an eye-catching image or video.
- Once you’re ready with your content, publish the Web Story.
How To Enable Web Stories:
Following are the ways to enable web stories on Google-
- Create the Web Stories.
- You have to make sure the Web Story has valid AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages).
- Verify the metadata, data that presents information about other data.
- Check if the Web Story is indexed.
- Always follow the Web Story Content Policies.
Steps You Should Avoid While Creating a Web Stories:
- Most probably, viewers love to read those Web Stories which are just one click away. That means your web story should not have more than one click. Otherwise, it cannot attract more audiences.
- All the viewers should know about the external links and files attached to your web stories.
- You should add only a link per story if you use affiliate links on your Web Stories and always follow the affiliate programs’ quality guidelines.
- The length of your Web Stories must have between 5 and 10 pages.
- Apart from this, the title length must be short, which should be a maximum of 40 characters.
- You have to make sure that the text on each page is short, less than 200 characters per page. Also, it should have one central idea.
- If you are attaching any videos to your Web Stories, they should be less than 15-60 seconds per page with subtitles.
How To Get Traffic From Web Stories:
Following are a few steps to get Traffic from Web story-
- First of all, create a Web Story for your highest-ranking articles.
- You can use jump-links to join the Web Story with the main passages of your article. It will help your viewers to connect with your article’s objective easily.
- Your web story should be short to attract viewers’ interest. Everyone loves short and brief articles. You can also add numbers to each step of the Web Story.
- It would help if you tried to cover the topic from various points of view.
- Be creative by using videos and animations to communicate the article’s message.
- Be authentic and provide clear information about the author.
Web Stories is a rich and engaging content format that has a lot of benefits for both publishers and audiences. Unlike other social media storytelling formats, Web Stories are not time-bound or restricted to specific platforms. It is the modern and technological way of sharing your thoughts and knowledge with the world. A lot of people are connected through this medium. Google Web Stories are recommended to all the sections of society who are idle or want to start a business. It has become a new method of advertisement also.