There are several steps involved in how to transfer the domain from Hostinger. A complete transfer procedure is required. This may not be very clear for non-techy people. A single mistake can cause the entire domain transfer process to fail.
There are many reasons domain owners transfer their domains to different services. Namecheap offers affordable domain buying and hosting services that are popular with many. This step-by-step guide will show you how to transfer a domain from Hostinger to Namecheap.
What is Namecheap Domain Transfer?
Namecheap’s domain transfer process allows you to transfer any domain to Namecheap. Follow the easy steps to complete this process. This process involves the Domain unlock, Requesting Authorization Code, and checkout process.
It will take 5-6 days to transfer a domain from Namecheap via the Hostinger process. Below is the complete process for transferring a domain.
Here are the steps to follow when you want to transfer domains from hostinger to Namecheap
Domain unlock is the first thing you must do to transfer domains to Namecheap. The locked Domain cannot be transferred to Namecheap by Hostinger. You can start Namecheap domain transfers if your domain is unlocked.
Verify Domain Eligibility
Before you transfer domain names, it is essential to confirm their eligibility. Your domain will not be transferred to any other service if it is no longer eligible. Follow these steps to verify the eligibility of your domain name.
- Sign in to your domain account. To sign in to your account, enter your Username & Password. This is your current domain registrar account.
- The Domain’s eligibility period should be checked. You should register the domain within 60 days of the current date. Transfer Domain to Namecheap can’t begin if your initial registration takes less than 60 calendar days.
- According to ICANN, the Domain eligibility should not exceed 60 days. If your domain name isn’t eligible, you must wait at least two months.
- You can also check the hold process to confirm your domain’s eligibility. Your registrar should not place your domain name on hold.
If your domain is locked, unlock it
- This is the first step in the Domain Transfer to Namecheap process. It is easy and simple to unlock your domain.
- Log in to your Hostinger account dashboard. Click on Domains and choose the Domain name that you wish to unlock.
- On the next screen, you will see the Unlock option. Click the Unlock Domain button.
- Next, click the Continue button to confirm that you have unlocked the domain. Next, click the Continue button.
- You will now receive the confirmation message to your registered email address. To complete the process, click on the link provided in the mail.
Get the Authorization Code
- After you have unlocked your Domain, you will need to request your Authorization Code. Also known as the EPP Code, the Authorization code can be used to identify your domain. This is an essential step in transferring the domain from Hostinger to Namecheap.
- Register for Hostinger by entering your username & password.
- Click on Domains in the Hostinger dashboard. The screen will display a list of all domains.
- Click on Manage options next to your domain name. This is the domain you want to transfer from Hostinger to Namecheap.
- Click on the Edit button in the Additional Settings. This option will be located next to the domain lock.
- Scroll to the bottom of your screen and click the Get Authorization Code button. This same process applies to other service providers. Other accounts may offer the EPP option.
- You will be emailed the Authorization Code after you click.
Transfer Domain to Namecheap from Hostinger
- You will need a Namecheap Account to begin the process of transferring your domain from Hostinger to Namecheap.
- Login to Namecheap as a first step.
- Click on Domains in the top menu bar. Click on Domains in the menu bar.
- Select the Transfer option on the screen. Enter your current domain name in this field.
- After entering the domain name, click the Transfer button.
- You will need to verify the domain name on the next screen to complete the transfer. In the appropriate field, enter the Authorization Code.
- Once you have entered the Authorization code, click the Add to Cart button. Please review all details about your Domain before you click this button.
- After you have reviewed the details, click the View Cart button.
- Enter any coupon code in the Promo code box. Click on the Apply button.
- Continue with the Checkout of your transfer order.
- After you have submitted the transfer order, the transfer domain from Hostinger to Namecheap is initiated. The Pending status will be displayed in your Namecheap Account. In the next five working days, the transfer will be complete.
- You can find the domain list within your Hostinger account by going to Filters> Pending transfer.
Can I transfer a domain from Namecheap to a hostinger?
It is easy to transfer domains from Namecheap and Hostinger. These domain service providers have different user interfaces. You will need to use the same process to transfer a domain name from Namecheap into Hostinger.
This simple process will allow you to transfer your Domain from Hostinger to Namecheap. You must be careful during the Domain to Namecheap transfer process. Before you start the process, verify the domain eligibility. To transfer Domain from Hostinger to Namecheap, follow the steps.
What is the Transfer Domain To Namecheap Cost From Hostinger?
Hostinger does not charge additional fees for transferring domains to Namecheap. Namecheap will charge you a fee for the Domain purchase. All of the transfer costs are included.
What is the Time Taken to Transfer Domains?
Transfer domains to Namecheap via Hostinger take between 5-6 days. The additional steps of transfer can take up to 24 hours.
How does domain transfer affect the website’s speed?
Hostinger does not have to transfer the domain to Namecheap. This doesn’t impact the website’s speed. The website will work fine if the nameserver does not change during the transfer process.
- Top 10 Best Insurance Company For Americans
- Cutting-edge Advertising and Marketing Suggestions to End up being a fruitful Internet
- The ultimate guide of cloud computing
- What Is Google Web Stories ? | How To Create Web Stories